Design and Technology: Woodwork Teacher
• School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen)
• Closing Date: Friday 18 November 2022
• FTE: 0.4
• Email: email@example.com
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 220 students across classes K-9 (Class 10 in 2023). The School is located in the Thora Valley, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parks land & beside the beautiful Bellinger River, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY: DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY : WOODWORK TEACHER
We are seeking a Design and Technology: Woodwork Teacher. Our Design and Technology teachers are responsible for designing and delivering innovative teaching programs aligned to Steiner pedagogy, policies, and practices. With a strong focus on a diverse range of practical experiences to develop knowledge and understanding of contemporary and advancing technologies and their impact on individuals, society and the environment. Technology Teachers work as part of the High School team along with The College of Teachers, to nurture and develop learners who are relational, reflective, resilient, and resourceful. They are committed to continuous improvement, developing a love of life and learning in young people and Steiner Education.
• Demonstrate ongoing practice that meets the Australian Professional Standards of Teachers.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the NSW syllabus documents for Technologies Stage 4 and 5, teaching timetabled classes as required.
• Experience and expertise teaching Stage Four – Technologies Mandatory and Stage Five – Woodwork Technology.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate teaching and learning programs that incorporate differentiated strategies to meet the specific learning needs of students across a range of abilities, including working within our integrated curriculum and meeting the developmental stages of the children.
• Adhere to all curriculum expectations and deadlines as set out by NESA and the Chrysalis Scope and Sequence.
• Create and maintain a positive and engaging learning space for the students.
• Establish and maintain effective classroom management and discipline practices to ensure students are safe and supported as they learn.
• Incorporate strategies to promote the safe, responsible and ethical use of ICT.
• Ensure meaningful and effective assessment practices to inform programming, teaching and reporting.
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students and their families regarding progress, achievements, behaviour, and application using accurate and reliable records.
• Critically engage in professional learning to update knowledge and practice in Woodwork, Design and Steiner Education.
• Support and promote Chrysalis’ pastoral care and wellbeing programs, diverse co-curricular programs and extra-curricular events such as but not limited to involvement in carnivals, camps, excursions, co-curricular activities, and events.
• Attend College meetings, parent-teacher interviews, events, and playground duties as required.
• Implement relevant programs, policy, and legislative requirements, including the College’s Code of Conduct, to ensure student wellbeing and safety.
• Undertake any other duties as directed by the Assistant Education Director, High School Coordinator or Education Director.
Applications should include:
1. A general expression of interest
2. CV – This includes: Working With Children check, teaching qualifications, teacher registration, interests, a brief summary of your career outlining relevant positions you have held and major responsibilities.
3. Please include photographs and examples of content/lessons.
4. Please include how your teaching and ideas will support our school and work within the Steiner curriculum.
5. The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Preliminary enquiries may be directed to the Education Director on (02) 6655 8616.
Applications close Friday 18 November 2022 and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.