ENGLISH TEACHER CLASSES 8, 9 and 10, 2023
- School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen)
- Closing Date: Friday 13 January 2023
- FTE: 0.36
- Email: email@example.com
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY: English teacher CLASSES 8, 9 and 10 2023
We seek a warm, experienced and committed teacher who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen our School as an English Teacher for Classes 8, 9 and 10.
The successful applicant will have an understanding of the Steiner curriculum in the High School years, knowledge of current developments in teaching and learning, a passion and enthusiasm for teaching and working with young people.
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 220 students across classes K-9 (Class 10 in 2023). The School is located in the Thora Valley, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parks and beside the stunning Bellinger River, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate knowledge of, and experience in, the areas listed below:
- Teaching English across Stage 4-5.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding, commitment and knowledge of Steiner education.
- Be supportive of the anthroposophical ethos of the College.
- Adhere to the Chrysalis Teaching Framework and Child Protection policies and procedures.
- Be an experienced, innovative, creative, positive and engaging team player.
- Teach with excellence, professionalism and commitment.
- Be committed to professional growth and development of excellence.
- An understanding of the principles of child development through the lens of Rudolf Steiner’s picture of human development and how these apply to your teaching practice.
- A demonstrated love for children and teaching.
- A commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities.
- The ability to plan and deliver a developmentally appropriate curriculum in line with the NESA curriculum and the Australian Steiner Curriculum.
- Suitable qualifications at a Secondary Level .
- Teaching experience: with reference to Steiner Secondary Curriculum experiences where applicable.
- The ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check.
Applications should include:
- A general expression of interest.
- CV – this includes: Working With Children check, teaching qualifications, teacher registration, interests, a brief summary of your career outlining relevant positions you have held and major responsibilities.
- Please include photographs and examples of content/lessons.
- Please include how your teaching and ideas will support our school and work within the Steiner curriculum.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Lisa O’Donnell on 02 6655 8616.
Applications close Friday 13 January 2023 and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.