We seek a warm, experienced and committed Learning Support teacher who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen our School as a Learning Support Specialist across all our year levels at 1.0 FTE commencing as soon as practicable in Term 3, 2023.
Learning Support is embedded in our school culture and we seek a highly skilled and passionate Learning Support Coordinator who is committed to bring quality learning experiences based on Steiner Pedagogy to students. The Learning Support Coordinator is the leader of the Learning Support Portfolio.
The Learning Support Coordinator works with individuals and small groups with a range of additional needs including developmental disabilities, specific learning disabilities, physical disabilities, and psychosocial disabilities. The Coordinator liaises with teachers, families, and health professionals to prepare Individual Plans for students, as well as supporting teachers to devise and implement a range of strategies and adjustments for their students allowing for appropriate differentiation in the classroom utilising our Learning Wings program and other resources. This program has been developed to marry together the NESA and Australian Steiner Curriculum in systematic and sequential steps for each Main Lesson whilst supporting literacy and numeracy development for classroom teachers and aides.
- K-10 specialist support
- Classroom Aides coordination
- Aides Professional Development facilitation and onboarding
- EDI (Explicit Direct Instruction) training for teachers and aides
- Facilitation and support of our foundational literacy and maths programs
- Facilitation and support of our integrated literacy and maths programs through our Learning Wings program
- Teacher/Aide relationship management and support
- Learning Support Administration through NCCD systems, IEP systems, Integration support, Screeners, and Census data collection and collation
- A pivotal part of the School’s Leadership Team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Learning Support specialist and teacher qualified to teach in NSW, one who is able to support the ethos and pedagogy of a Rudolf Steiner School and has worked within Steiner Pedagogy from classes K–10. The ability to direct and inspire students in literacy and numeracy learning is essential along with leadership experience.
Applications should include:
- A full resume including current position and areas of responsibility, career history and relevant leadership and management experience, academic qualifications, and professional memberships.
- A cover letter indicating how your experience and expertise will enable you to deliver to the requirements of the position.
- A demonstrated ability to form caring, professional relationships with students and families and improving outcomes for students with a disability.
- A supporting statement of no more than one page demonstrating how your educational philosophy and thinking relates to the pedagogy of a Rudolf Steiner education.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school
Employment for Teachers at Chrysalis is based on the Independent Schools NSW/ACT Standards Model (Teachers) Multi-Enterprise agreement. The successful candidate must also provide a Working with Children Clearance prior to commencing.
Preliminary enquiries may be directed to the Education Director on (02) 6655 8616.
Applications will close on Friday 21 July 2023 at 5pm and interviews will be held as soon as practicable in Term 3.
To apply, please submit your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org