Morning Star, Pre Kindy Teacher (5yr olds)
Terms 2 and 3 2023 Temporary Long Service leave Position
- School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen) NSW – Bellingen Campus
- Closing Date: Friday 3 February 2023
- Email: email@example.com
A WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITY: Morning star, PRE KINDY TEACHER (5YR OLDS)
TEMPORARY LONG SERVICE LEAVE POSITION
We seek a warm, experienced and committed teacher to cover two terms of Long Service leave, who embraces the philosophy of Steiner Education and is excited to join and strengthen our School.
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 220 students across classes Pre Kindy – 9 (Class 10 in 2023). The School is located in the Thora Valley, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. With our Pre-Kindy Class located in North Bellingen along with our playgroups.
- A demonstrated love for children and teaching.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the principles of child development through the lens of Rudolf Steiner’s picture of human development and how these apply to your teaching practice.
- Early Childhood Training.
- Steiner Teacher Training.
- NESA (NSW Education Standards Authority) Accredited Teacher.
- A commitment to professional learning and inner development through anthroposophical studies and artistic activities.
- The ability to work collegially and a willingness to actively participate in and contribute to the cultural and festival life of the school.
The successful applicant will meet the following Essential Criteria:
- The ability to plan and deliver a developmentally appropriate curriculum that integrates the arts: nature table, craft, morning circle, festivals, painting, movement, modelling, in line with the Australian Steiner School Curriculum documents.
- Experience working with the NESA teaching guidelines.
- Teaching experience: with reference to Steiner Early Childhood experiences where applicable.
- Ability to plan and set up for Festivals.
- Have experience in working closely with parents.
Applications should include:
- A general expression of interest.
- CV – this includes: Working with Children Check, teaching qualifications, teacher registration, interests, a brief summary of your career outlining relevant positions you have held and major responsibilities.
- Statements which concisely describe how you consider yourself suitable against each of the selection criteria noted below.
- Please include photographs and examples of content/lessons.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Lisa O’Donnell on 02 6655 8616. Applications close 3 February and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org