PLAYGROUP LEADER, 2023
- School: Chrysalis Steiner School, Thora (Bellingen)
- Location: Bellingen Children’s Centre, Elliot Close Bellingen NSW
- Closing Date: Friday 13 January 2023
- Email: email@example.com
Playgroup Leader at Chrysalis Steiner School.
Commencing Term 1 2023 – 10 Hours per week. FTE .26
Chrysalis Steiner School has been established for 40 years and we currently have around 220 students across classes K-9 (Class 10 in 2023). The School is located in the Thora Valley, approximately 20 minutes drive from the picturesque town of Bellingen. Our setting is on a hillside facing National Parks and beside the stunning Bellinger River, providing a uniquely beautiful environment for our children.
The Playgroup Leader facilitates the day to day running of the Chrysalis Playgroup and ensures that the Playgroup is being conducted in a professional manner, and that it is working within the early childhood indications given by Rudolf Steiner.
The Playgroup Leader will have a strong commitment to, and understanding of: duty of care, participate actively in the life of the school community, and is committed to ongoing individual and collaborative professional development as required.
- Warm, friendly, caring and creative personality.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- An ability to relate to a wide cross section of people in a caring and nurturing manner.
- Confidence in liaising with parents.
- Reliability and efficiency.
- A genuine interest and enthusiasm in working with young children and their families.
- Strong leadership, time management and organisational skills.
- Experience running a Steiner Playgroup. [Related professional experience and
training will also be valued]
- A good understanding of early childhood development.
- A sound understanding of Steiner philosophy and how it applies to young children.
- The ability to source information and resources.
- Sound administration skills including use of email and computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Child Safe practices.
- Anthroposophical studies. (Steiner Teacher Seminar or similar)
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Training in First Aid.
- Child Protection e-learning module completion.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
The Playgroup Leader is expected to:
- Follow up with new families to ensure that the orientation process was satisfactory
and that the family is settled and has no concerns regarding Playgroup.
- Organise any general maintenance works through liaising with the Business Operations Manager.
- Organise purchase of Playgroup supplies and subsequent reimbursement within
- Ensure that the Playgroup environment remains safe (ie: First Aid supplies, fire
extinguisher etc.) and that any arising OH&S issues are addressed and notified to the
Business Operations Manager.
- Attend Early Childhood Faculty Meetings where possible.
- Be available for consultation with the Management Team regarding any decisions
likely to affect the operation of the Playgroups.
- Be responsible for sourcing any new furniture and equipment necessary for Playgroup.
- Attend school sanctioned Professional Development.
Applications should include:
- A covering letter outlining details relevant to this role.
- Information about knowledge and/or experience in Steiner Education.
- Current CV.
- The names, positions and telephone contact numbers for at least three referees who can comment on your suitability for this position, including one referee at your current school.
Questions regarding this process are welcome and should in the first instance be referred to Lisa O’Donnell on 02 6655 8616.
Applications close Friday 13 January 2023 and should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.