This is the sort of crafty recipe that is at the heart of a family kitchen. Last nights dinner turned into a tasty lunch!
- Rice – basmati &/or brown
- Vegetables: corn, peas, sliced beans, diced carrots, zucchini, capsicum
- Variations to serve with rice if desired:
- Cooked chicken pieces
- Cooked tofu (garlic and tamari is tasty)
Cook enough rice for dinner with leftovers. Dice the vegies into small cubes & steam them lightly. Then simply mix the vegies through the rice in a large bowl or dish. The vegie rice gets served with tamari & the preferred meat or vegetarian option.
- Leftover rice with vegies
- Sushi vinegar
- Seaweed sheets
- Sliced extras if desired- eg chicken, tofu, beef, cucumber, egg, avocado
Add sushi vinegar to leftover rice & roll into sushi wraps, adding extras if desired.